Changing a PowerFlex 525.

Hi to all. We need to change a bad powerFlex 525 to a new one. How do you save the configuration to install in the new one? Thank you all for your help.

Assuming the drive is connected via ethernet with a Contrologix PLC, you can go online and upload the parameters. When you install the new drive, set the IP address via BootP or keypad. Once the PLC is communicating with the new drive inhibit the connection to the drive and then download the parameters. There is an option to enable ACD mode on the drive. With this option the PLC will automatically download the parameters once the drive is detected.

Assuming the drive is connected via ethernet with a Contrologix PLC, you can go online and upload the parameters. When you install the new drive, set the IP address via BootP or keypad. Once the PLC is communicating with the new drive inhibit the connection to the drive and then download the parameters. There is an option to enable ACD mode on the drive. With this option the PLC will automatically download the parameters once the drive is detected.
Thank you for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Also if the control module is still good you can take it off the power module and connect with a USB cable and upload the parameters that way and open them up with CCW (Connected Components Workbench)

if i understand the drive correctly, the information is stored in the control module.
i was facing the issue of doing the backups of a lot of these drives
i watched on youtube some videos.
remove the control module (front face plate) and put it on the other unit.
i could be wrong, if i am, someone please correct me so i can get a backup of about 50 drives.
james