Analog Selector Function in Ladder Logic

DavidYi

Hi everyone, I have several cases where I need to select analog input A, B or greater of the two. Also I need to select PID output A, B or greater of the two. Function blocks are no problem but how can you perform this in ladder format. I am using AB RSlogix 5000 as programming tool.

What you are looking for is referred to as a "high select"
it's quite simple. 1st, your 2 PID outputs (A and B) will need to be saved to data points, not directly to the output (C)
then we can compare data like "the msp" said.
A>B? Mov A into C.
B=>A? Mov B into C.
(The equal or greater is used the 2nd time to ensure that when a=b the output can still change)

Similar Topics

Good afternoon, I am currently working with an HMI/PLC LP-a070 and I require at least one analog output, but the PLC does not have one. I was...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Customer wants analog faceplates really bad, even if we explained that it doesn't make much sense in his process. What he wants to see...
Replies
Views
I'm having trouble calming down 2 Tempo Sonics. I'm using Studio 5000 CompactLogix my Raw value is jumping around from 8575.0 to 8755.0 at a...
Replies
Views
I cannot add SLC500 analog input tag (I: 8.3) to EZSeries Touch Panel Editor (V 5.3). I used all the listed tag datatype but it all says "Invalid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have questions. I have Analog Input that need to put into Ignition Designer. But I don't know how to put?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom