PLC5 to Control Logix Migration.

Seyed Mohamed

Dear Experts,

Need to perform subjected task for air compressor unit having about 350 I/Os (DI,DO,AI,AO&RTD Signals) and Modbus slave communication with dcs.

Kindly guide me about the precaution to be consider the steps to be carried for the task.

And about the personal experience if any.

I would think that your first precaution would be to get someone experienced in a project of this scope or break it down into manageable pieces.

Instrument Air Compressor always have their internal protection and switches to start / stop units on set pressures, all other parameters requires MODBUS mapping. So looks like your task is to get compressor data on HMI, It's not a big deal.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I have been asked for a budget figure to update a PLC-5 system to a Control Logix, along with the SCADA (will be using Ignition SCADA)...
Replies
Views
Hello Gents, I'm tasked with preparing the replacement of our current "fleet" of PLC5's with something modern and we're going with the Control...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am new to the forum. I am part of a group upgrading PLC5 equipment to Control Logix. We have just started the upgrades and are...
Replies
Views
I am working on upgrading all of our PLC5's to Control logix. My current project has a PLC remote rack 500 feet away from the main rack. There is...
Replies
Views
Hi there. First off let me explain that I'm not a programmer. I have basic fault finding abilities. I have had some local suppliers in to help...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom