Structured Text - Tutorials, Examples, Manuals etc.

Structured text implementation varies by platform, ranging from the pretty bad (Rockwell Studio 5000) to excellent (B&R Automation Studio 3.X and up). Codesys is in the middle, with 2.x being pretty bad and 3.x being okay.

In each one, syntax and rules are all a little different since the IEC spec is pretty lax on required features and whatnot. You're best off opening a sample program for whatever platform you use. I know Shcneider/Elau, B&R and Rockwell all have sample programs freely available, either installed when you install the platform or from their websites.

EDIT: Decent guide on defining variables: http://www.infoplc.net/files/descargas/rockwell/infoplc_net_plc_st.pdf

Structured text implementation varies by platform, ranging from the pretty bad (Rockwell Studio 5000) to excellent (B&R Automation Studio 3.X and up). Codesys is in the middle, with 2.x being pretty bad and 3.x being okay.

In each one, syntax and rules are all a little different since the IEC spec is pretty lax on required features and whatnot. You're best off opening a sample program for whatever platform you use. I know Shcneider/Elau, B&R and Rockwell all have sample programs freely available, either installed when you install the platform or from their websites.

EDIT: Decent guide on defining variables: http://www.infoplc.net/files/descargas/rockwell/infoplc_net_plc_st.pdf

Thank you for your detailed opinion, especially about Automation Studio.

Why do you consider Rockwell's ST pretty bad?

I love IEC61131, not company defined but pure , not using pointers or specific for a machine.
What type of PLC does the OP have in mind.

Why do you consider Rockwell's ST pretty bad?

The absolute worst part is not being able to define variables (AKA tags) or structures (AKA UDT) in ST format; the table editors in Studio 5k are such a time waster. They've also removed several useful keywords/functions that are standard in ST (in favor of their own instructions and to remove pointer support since Rockwell doesn't do pointers). They use different functions and datatypes than ladder for no damn reason (FBD_TIMER and TONR instead of TIMER on TON, why?). The autocomplete in all versions is terrible, right up to the latest Studio 5k; you end up spending a lot more time typing than you should. The syntax for calling a function is abnormal; usually you would use
Code:
InstanceName();
or
Code:
InstanceName(InputName:=10, Input2Name:=2);
Studio 5k does
Code:
InstructionName(InstanceName);
with no option for inline parameter values.

It's just generally too far from the standard, and a lot more time consuming to work in.