ABB Totalflow PCCU32 Problems

drakex

I am not new to the forums, but decided to finally make a profile and join! But now down to business.

Software: ABB's PCCU32
Version: 7.40 (Build 547)

I found that both the PCCU32 program and the G4 Simulator are filled with bugs that make it almost impossible to use. The program will bug out or crash if I request too many operations. (Via the Operations -> Capacity -> Periodic Operations)

Here is how I can crash the program:

1.) Start the PCCU32 program and the G4 simulator.
2.) Click on the 'Entry' button at the top.
3.) Once the program connects, click the + next to 'Operations', then click on Capacity.
4.) Change the number next to Periodic Operations to 257, then click the 'send' button down in the bottom-right corner.
5.) Now, click on 'Operations' and scroll down to the last item in the table (10.1.256). You will see that under the 'Interval' column the cell is blank when it should be "00:00:00".
6.) In the empty cell, try to type in 00:00:00, and the program should stop responding.

Another bug is when you have over 514 operations or so, the text in the 'Description' column gets messed up as you scroll down.

I even had problems with the and (&) operation in the G4 simulator.

If you try to 'And' two Int32 registers, both having the value of 1, the output is 0. But, if you change the register's datatype to a Float, the correct answer (1) is place as the output. I just don't understand why the sim thinks (1 & 1) = 0 and (1.0 & 1.0) = 1.0?

Has anyone else had these problems? And if so, do you know of a fix?

Thank you for your help in advance. :)