Omron CJ2M

I am unable to connect to the front port on an Omron CJ2M plc. Its IP is set to 10.72.85.18 and the subnet mast is set to 255.255.255.0. It is not indicating any faults. Is ther something other than this that needs set?

Its IP is set to 10.72.85.18 and the subnet mast is set to 255.255.255.0. It is on a network and resides on a segment differetnt from the pc I am attempting to connect with.

Unless you have some magic going on in your network switches / routers, you will need to get your PC on the same network - specifically you will need to set your IP address to 10.72.85.yy (something other than .18 and not something used already on the PLC network) with the same subnet.

All right, let's take a step back...

What is the IP and mask of the PC? If it is not 10.72.85.SomethingOrOther, then you must change your Network Settings to put you on the same logical network as the PLC.

EDIT: Dan beat me to the punch... ;)