How much can/should I ask?

ControlLogix

Hi guys,

I have a PLC left over after a machine upgrade that I have been allowed keep. The spec reads as follows:-

Allen Bradley SLC 5/05
10 slot rack
Power supply for above
3 32ch Digital I/P cards (IB32)
6 16ch Digital O/P cards (OB16)

How much can I sell this stuff off for? I am in Ireland, Europe.

Thanks.

You can buy used/refurbished equipment on the WEB, with a one year warranty for about 40-50% of list price. So...just guessing, used equipment with no warranty, would be 20-30% of list price.
If you go to E-bay, they have lots of used AB stuff, at sometimes very low prices.

Ken

????

ControlLogixs
Look on ebay.com in search type allen bradley then you can
refine your search and you can get some ideas. 505 sell
good. Please just LOOK if you ever press the bid key
you maybe HOOKED! End up lot of juke MAD wife!!!!:mad:

http://www.plccenter.com buys used components at roughly 10% to 25% of retail, they sell at 50%. AB SLC components are popular so I would hold out for at least 25%...minimum. If you do the ebay thing then dont sell as one unit, sell the components individually. If you sell as one unit it will limit the number of people that will bid, items sold individually will get more and higher bids. Also be careful if you offer the items internationally, tariffs etc can delay delivery and create problems. Check out these issues before you sell outside your country.

Another option that I am sure you are aware of is to use those items, possibly, to upgrade another system for someone. I have done several machine upgrades using used parts, the customer knew they were used but the components were newer so parts were easier to obtain but cost was less. This works very well with older machinery that is hardwired or has outdated automation components.

you might find this handy ...

you can type in your catalog numbers (example: 1747-L552) here:

Link to Allen-Bradley's RAISE configuration website

and get a quick idea of the list price on most Allen-Bradley parts ... also an official description that might come in handy for describing what you're trying to sell ...

one additional note: most "large users" of AB equipment only pay about 90% of list price ... the actual price depends on volume and on their relationship with the distributor ... but knowing the official list price may help answer some of your questions ...