RS Logix 5000 PIDE

bfranklin

Hey,

-How do I configure a PIDE function block for feed forward control?
-How do I configure a PIDE function block for cascade control?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
How to Turn off the PIDE ???

I have four zones that are now actually able to be tuned using the autotune. My issue is not that.

I have PIDE's that maintain their CVUE values after being disabled. These CVUE's are going into my Split Range Proportional Block that is stuck at 100 even with the PIDE not enabled. I have tried to change the setpoint to 0 wait a little while and then disable the PIDE block but its hit and miss sometimes its off sometimes its at 9.344

I have also tried to force my outputs off but the output keep on flashing. How can shut off the PIDE's and ensure I have zero output on my CVUE's

pide.jpg

Ronny,
From PIDE manual:
Function Block: Enable input. If cleared, the instruction does not execute and outputs are not updated.
You can use a SELECT instruction at PIDE output, when PIDE is enable SEL output is CVEU , when PIDE is diasble SEL output is zero.