RsLogix 5000 mini selling if this is permitted

Sherlock4me

I know solicitation is not allowed here and perhaps this may be pulled by a moderator, I don't know. No worries either way.

I purchased a mini version of RsLogix 5000 in October of 2014 to learn with a CompactLogix unit. I have since sold the unit and have found employment, (I was learning to improve my job skills.)

The reason I thought it may be o.k to sell it to someone here is because I was asked more than once on this forum, how I cleared the hurdle of needing to be a Company so I could purchase it from an Allen Bradley distributor, That is a bit if a long story and in short I used my name as the Company, twisted the distributors arm just a bit and now I have:

2 master disks, transfer of ownership paperwork, receipts, and a cleared ready to download status from Allen Bradley because I called techconnect a couple months ago, told them my laptop was unusable, (it was damaged), and would need to redownload the activation and was set up to do so and have not. I can take whatever steps are necessary to make sure the new user has all required clearance from Rockwell. (another reason a novice may want to ignore this post)

Mini only programs ladder for compactlogix, and I paid about $900.00

I would take probably around half that, and can attach pictures of all the aforementioned items and the disks are in perfect condition. (1 set used once; one disk is for studio 21 and the other is Logix 13 to 20. The second set of disks has never been opened and I don't know why they were sent to me by Rockwell to be honest.
I look at this more as a service to a member here than soliciting, since I am making no money, and if it is hard to buy a license, here is a chance for someone.
Again transfer of ownership papers from Rockwell, 2 sets of disks, receipt from distributor. I no longer have techconnect and do not recommend this to a beginner unless you also buy techconnect from Rockwell as the activation and getting started is not so easy for a beginner. (I received 90 days free techconnect upon purchasing, which is excellent Rockwell support.)

Hope I can help someone out, if not I wish all members here the best and must as always thank all those who helped me learn to program throughout the winter and early spring!

If this post is legal, send me a private message and we can figure out how to transfer

Jef

Last edited:
Thanks I will try both routes, thought I would try here first since I'd rather sell it for less and help out a fellow member if that was possible. I owe this forum the job really, (my new one)

I hear ya! I owe a lot to these people to :).

Anyway, congrats on the new job!