Panel view issue

best49erfan

Trying to install a panelview (2711P-T10C4D1 A Firmware 5.10) connected to a Compactlogix (L24ERQB1B Ver 20.01). Using FT View Studio 8. The issue I am having is I can test the application on the PC and it works fine. When I create a runtime (reverting to 5.1 and also tried 5), I get this:

*** Start RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***
WARNING: Unsupported device detected. Shortcut name = "CASELEVATOR". Device name = "_27580_Keebler". Description: The system has detected that a device type that was not supported in the requested version is referenced by a shortcut. If the system upon which this project is to be run has received a patch that adds support for this device type, then this situation will not cause any problems. Otherwise runtime errors will be detected and logged by the target system when it attempts to communicate to that device.
*** End RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***
Validation completed with warnings. The runtime application has been created.
CAUTION: Running this application might produce errors at runtime.

When I transfer the .mer to the PV, I have all my screens but none of the tags work. I verified that my design and runtime communications are the same. Any ideas?

With your PLC at V20 or higher you need to update the firmware in the panelview to V6 or higher. I believe the MER file must also be V6 or higher .

I wouldn't go that far with the firmware upgrade; the .mer needs only to match the terminal's level.
The terminal will need at least FW 5.10.11.09; 5.10.16 is available for download on RA website.
You will still get the Warning message when compiling the Runtime, however, upon transferring onto the terminal, the application will be functional.

http://compatibility.rockwellautoma...umb=112&refSoft=1&toggleState=&versions=54236

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/508049

I'd like to emphasize dmargineau's correct answer.

A PV+ terminal that runs v5.10 firmware has to be one of the pre-v6 hardware terminals. It cannot be loaded with v6 or higher firmware or execute v6 runtimes.

Version 5.10 firmware (and its associated RSLinx Enterprise) didn't originally support v20 and higher controllers. The firmware that was recommended, 5.10.11.09 or better, is what's required for one of these older PV+ terminals to support a v20 firmware ControlLogix or CompactLogix.

For better or for worse, RSLinx Enterprise has hard-coded device IDs and some of the communication features in the 5530 and 5570 series controllers introduced at v20 just needed updates to the driver software. Fortunately it's pretty easy to upgrade RSLinx Enterprise on a PV+ terminal because it's bundled into the firmware.

I updated the PV to 5.10.16 (most current one on the website). Still not working....

Hello,
I have this same setup at work and it works just fine.
I am on vacation right now and don't have the software in front of me so forgive me if I get some of the terminology wrong.

A couple of things come to mind that may be causing you problems.

1) Is your PV actually online and communicating?
(Tell us a bit more about how you are connecting your PV and PC to the network.
Are you downloading your Mer. file over a network to the PV or are you loading it locally with a short cable? Are you setting all this up on a bench or are you doing this over a network with the equipment in place in the field?)
If you are doing this on a bench and your PLC has 2 ethernet ports and you end up using both then make sure both ports are enabled)

2) Give your Mer. file a different name than the one you have been using, make sure the boxes in the transfer utility are checked to overwrite the existing mer. file and comms set up in the PV.
Also make sure when you make the new mer. that you are selecting 5.10 in the drop down before downloading the file to the PV.

You say that your design and runtime tabs are the same, did you use the copy from design to runtime button??

If you have good comms, your mer is set up correctly and your PV is actually overwriting your old mer and installing your new mer then it should work.

If non of this pans out for you please post screen shots of both your design and runtime tabs. (make sure all + tabs are expanded in the screen shots.
Also tell us a bit about how your communication cables are run from your PV, PLC and PC.

With this info someone should be able to better nail down what problem you are having.

Good luck,
BCS