Micrologix 1400 Plc

sukhwinder

Please help .... Micrologix 1400 PLc used in one of our machine . The fault light on plc is not ON . But the touchscreen of machine show Error 022 .

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Is the "touchscreen" a PanelView HMI or some other make/model?

Does the "Error 022" look like an internal error message for the HMI, or does the HMI application appear to be running OK and the "Error 022" message is related to a predefined machine alarm?

Have you looked around the machine and in the panel for other components that may be faulted? For instance, an Ultra 3000 drive can fault with an Error 22 Motor Filter alarm.

If it looks like an internal error message for the HMI, have you cycled power to it or the entire machine?

Give us the make/model of the HMI touchscreen and post a photo of the error message, if you can.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

The Micrologix 1400 has an LCD screen and a few buttons for limited interface with the controller. From the LCD you can determine what the PLC fault code is, clear the fault, and return to a run condition. You can get the manuals at the Literature Library at www.ab.com.

Here is a link to the English manual: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1766-um001_-en-p.pdf. Chapter 5 of the manual covers the procedure.

Go here for other languages http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/public/documents/webassets/browse_category.hcst

Last edited:
Check in the PLC it doesn't show any fault there . But view panel is showing this error. I have panel view 600 from Allen Bradley

Can you provide the complete catalog number of your PanelView?

Edit: Geospark also ask for this.

Last edited:
Please help .... Micrologix 1400 PLc used in one of our machine . The fault light on plc is not ON . But the touchscreen of machine show Error 022 .

Guys,

I had taken from this that the MicroLogix 1400 fault LED is not ON. So there appears to be no hard fault in the controller to look up or clear?

sukhwinder,

The HMI is displaying an "Error 022", but is this a HMI fault message or a machine alarm message? We still do not know for sure?

Ok, it's a "panel view 600", but is it an older PanelView 600 Standard terminal or a newer PanelView Plus 600 terminal?

The older Standard terminals have extensive error codes to refer to. There is an error 22, but it relates specifically to a DeviceNet motherboard or daughtercard communication failure.

Full catalog number for the PanelView terminal, if you please?

The catalog number will be "2711-...", or "2711P-...".

Regards,
George

Thanks George for the effort you are doing to help me . This error is coming like alarm . Machine have an alarm alert . Then when you check for alarm you find error 022 .
Thanks and regards
Sukhwinder