micrologix 1400 plc

Dhiraj2323

:confused: i don't know master password and i tried "1234" too but it didn't worked i want to upload new program but i think its password protected and it is asking for master password when i tried to download new program to plc please can anyone help me how can i factory reset this plc or change current master password of this plc:whistle:

You can't change the master password on a ML, or a SLC for that matter.

The master reset password TheWaterboy mentioned is best remembered as MLCLRMEM when typed out on a phone keypad.

As for a master unlock password the ML's don't have one (like the SLC's do) because A-B has classified the ML family as "disposable" PLC's.

I always thought there should be a jumper somewhere inside that does a factory reset like the BAT to GND on a SLC does. Maybe it's possible, just not been discovered yet

I always thought there should be a jumper somewhere inside that does a factory reset like the BAT to GND on a SLC does. Maybe it's possible, just not been discovered yet

ML1500 has a 'battery jumper' that you can pull out to default it. For some reason they didn't see a need to post a tech note about it until March 2022

i tried this too but after that it is again asking for master password when i try to download new program

Is this only if you connect to this ML?

I had something like this before but it wanted the password for the Factory Talk Administration network that when I first installed it I set a couple of things that I shouldn't have.