Moving RSLogix 500

It is possible and allowed in some circumstances.

The first thing would be what kind of Activation it has.

i.e. Master Disk or FactoryTalk.

Stu....

If you only have a activation for 1 computer then you could do as I do and that is run it on my laptop then setup a remote desktop connection from my desktop with dual monitors to my laptop.

We use the Rockwell dongles which will move the activation to any machine you want to use. Just not both at the same time.

I'm not sure how but I think the activation can be installed on a USB memory stick and moved from computer to computer as bdoutney said. I have also heard there are other ways that are not legal to use on not more than one computer at a time.

Moving on a memory stick is either EVSRI "master disk" or using a RA Dongle

Master disk still works for Logix 500 but may not in future software updates, Logix 5000 it works up to and including V19, V20+ you must use FTA

The Dongle is similar to Master disk in you can carry the activation around in your pocket, the difference is the Dongle method still uses FTA

Of course there are work arounds that are less than legal, however I do not think that would be a welcome discussion on the site