FactoryTalk View License Error

honeyroll19

Good day, I've been with this problem for 2 days now, I've got a license from rockwell, I can use my RSLogix5000 but I can't run my factorytalk view client an error always pops up saying "The HMI server is not licensed to allow remote connections." Can you help me what steps should I do? Please advice.

Welcome to the Forum !

What operating system is the PC with Logix 5000 and the FactoryTalk View Client running ?

Is this a FactoryTalk View SE standalone system, or a full client/server system with a separate Server computer ?

Are you sure you've licensed the FTView Client, and not the FTView Server ?

Is the PC that runs Logix 5000 and the FactorTalk View SE Client also the FactoryTalk Activation host, or are your licenses held on a server computer ?

Have you presented this question to RA Technical Support ?

Welcome to the Forum !

What operating system is the PC with Logix 5000 and the FactoryTalk View Client running ?

Is this a FactoryTalk View SE standalone system, or a full client/server system with a separate Server computer ?

Are you sure you've licensed the FTView Client, and not the FTView Server ?

Is the PC that runs Logix 5000 and the FactorTalk View SE Client also the FactoryTalk Activation host, or are your licenses held on a server computer ?

Have you presented this question to RA Technical Support ?

I'm using windows 7

it's a full client/server system with a separate server computer

The license is activated in the main server

I am license held on a server computer

Nope not yet, I would like to resolve this as much as I can.

kindly advice, thanks.

Edit: Only valid if you are using FactoryTalk activations:
Are you pointing the FactoryTalk Activation Manager on the client to look for a license on the server computer?
On the client, open the activation manager, go to the manage activations tab, and set the Path to Activations to point to the license server.

Are you also running a client on the server computer? If so, you need at least two client licenses.
Open up the Activation Manager, go to Manage Activations tab, see what activations are available and in use, on both the client and server computers

Last edited:
honeyroll19 said:
...it's a full client/server system with a separate server computer

The license is activated in the main server...

This describes an SE Server that is connected to by remote SE Clients.
The SE Server also acts as the FactoryTalk Activation Server.

akirajunto said:
Is your license a separate client & server license? or a station license?...

The above already answers this. They are using a remote SE Client to connect to the SE Server. It cannot be a Station Licence that they are using as the Client and Server are on separate computers.

Ken Roach said:
...Are you sure you've licensed the FTView Client, and not the FTView Server ?...

rdrast said:
...Are you pointing the FactoryTalk Activation Manager on the client to look for a license on the server computer?...

Guys,

If the SE Client licence is an issue here, then the SE Client would run in Demo Mode. If that is the case, it has not been mentioned here yet? Something for the OP to clarify.

However...

honeyroll19 said:
...I've got a license from rockwell...I can't run my factorytalk view client an error always pops up saying "The HMI server is not licensed to allow remote connections."

If you'll notice, the message is pointed at the "HMI server" licence. It is not saying it is not licensed. It is saying the licence it has does not allow remote connections.

A possibility here is that the SE Server has loaded a project with a greater number of Displays than the current SE Server licence will allow. If you attempt to connect to the SE Server using FactoryTalk View Site Edition Client, or FactoryTalk View Studio, then you may get this error.

The likely reason for this is that the project application was developed with an Unlimited, or greater Display licence than the SE Server is currently using. If the SE Server, with a lesser licence, loads this project and the project has more Displays than the licence allows, then the SE Server will run the project in Demo Mode and not allow remote connections from Clients.

To remotely access this project, you would have to use an SE Server licence with an Unlimited Display count, or a suitably high enough count to match or better the project Display count.

You need to check...

What Display limit is on the SE Server licence that you mentioned receiving from Rockwell and that I assume is currently in use on the SE Server?

What Display limit is the project that is loaded on the SE Server saying it requires?

Regards,
George

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]For development, the FTView Studio Enterprise on both the client and serve should be enough for development (ie you don't need to have server/client licenses). You should try borrowing a license to each PC to make sure it's available.
[/FONT][/FONT]

For deployment, the server and client require licenses. You may have been using the grace period of a client license without realizing it. The client license is [FONT=&quot]9701-VWSCWAENE for view/edit and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]9701-VWSCRAENE for view only. The server license is [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]9701-VWSS100LENE for 100 tags and 9701-VWSS000LENE for unlimited tags.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited: