Making copy of Memory Cassette

parimalam

Many thanks to Mr.Jay Anthony & Mr. Bitmore for clarifying my querry. The Omron PLC C200HE which I am trying to handle is in use with the crane and having only digital inputs and outputs cards with extension backplanes 2 of them and with one remote IO (RS485) . As I do not have spare programmed EEPROM cassette, I want to down load and make one copy of EEPROM cassette. In this connection I am planning to setup test bench and I need following items to be clarified.

I will buy one CPU back plane, in that I will attach, CPU & Power supply. I hope with this setup I will be able make a copy of EEPROM cassette after coping the in use EEPROM from the crane without doing any experiment with the working crane.

While downloading EEPROM (Ladder) memory into laptop, is there any risk of destroying the running CPU, EEPROM etc..

Coming back to my previous post “What is the purpose of PLC CPU battery”, If I change the CPU alone for the crane after shifting the EEPROM form the old CPU which is in use with only Digital IO modules (no analogue modules) will the "state ram" plays any major role

I saw some different connector on C200HE CPU. Some info on interface cable is required. is it alone cable connection between CPU & PC serial port or any interface (hardwarwe) unit required to access the CPU from PC.

Thanks & regards
K.Parimalam

Quit screwing around with the EEPROM memory cassette and use the backup utility that was pointed out to you in the last post. The EEPROM memory cassette only holds the ladder program and you need a complete backup.