Analog Load Cell

Jknew92

I have an analog load cell going to a Minebea peak holder. I need to convert the analog output to digital to show a real value in the PLC instead of just turning on and off inputs. As far as I know a Q68AD PLC card would be suitable to get the job done. But that is somewhere around the ballpark of $500. Is there any cheaper way of achieving this? By the way its a Mitsubishi Q series PLC.

This is sort of a work-around, but if you have a weight indicator lying around you can connect the weight indicator to the load cell and then send the data to the PLC via ASCII or possibly as a binary number. I work with scales quite a bit, so I would love to help you with this.

The real problem is that you need an excitation voltage across the load cell and that voltage and the analog return has to be in the same circuit as the excitation voltage.

How many wires on the load cell?

Nevermind at the above. That IS your weight indicator. Do you have the RS232C, BCD, or the analog out option?

Last edited:
conversion from analog to digital

What type of CPU do you have?

Hello Sparkie,

I have a graphics display that needs to convert an analog value say a 4-20 ma output from a controller to be displayed as a digital value in the hmi. The hmi cpu is cortex m3. Can you help me on how I can do it?

Thanks in advance.
nest

Hello Sparkie,

I have a graphics display that needs to convert an analog value say a 4-20 ma output from a controller to be displayed as a digital value in the hmi. The hmi cpu is cortex m3. Can you help me on how I can do it?

Thanks in advance.
nest

You need to start your own thread, rather than post in someone else's thread. This way you are more likely to get help from the forum.