load cell and Analog Modules

There are inexpensive Korean amplifier from www.dacell.com
Any way you need A/D has more than 8 bit (12 or higher) to get good reslution.
So, using digital indicator with traditonal I/O may be more economic.

hey guys thanks so much for your reply. our project is really making a machine to automate a process which collects 4 pieces of something to make one pack [4 pieces(100-150grams each) = 1pack (tolerance of 485-515grams)]. i have a 3kg load cell (wheatstone bridge). i talked to an omron programmer and he said he might find a transmitter that could translate the mv to v, does anybody know what kind of transmitte this is? i found a strain guage amplifier with a +-12-2v output, but its just a chip i think i still need a circuit? (http://www.rsphilippines.com/cgi-bin/bv/browse/Module.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1882852685.1127219081@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccciaddfjjfddmicefeceefdffhdgmk.0&cacheID=phie&3304671916=3304671916&catoid=-83884756. unfortunately here in the philippines nobody has experience with this situation, i also consulted the strain guage supplier but they were not really sure how to do this.

sorry if i sound stupid... my school has a really good curriculum, but our professors were kinda lax and we really didnt get the electronics subjects too well; we didnt get to be disciplined so i didnt really care what i should've been understanding then that's why im doing this slightly blind... but im really trying to do a lot of researching but its hard to self-study with very technical stuff..

again, thanks for all you help...