Converting PLC program from a CPM1 TO A CP1L

Patch102860

Converting the actual program was not a problem. However, when I tried to open my memory file from the CPM1 on the new CP1L I got a message "The Specified file is not compatible with the current PLC configuration"

Is there a conversion utility for the Mem file? How do I get my memory file into the new CP1L PLC?

Just a guess on my part but I would look at the following areas.

1. instruction compatibility
2. subroutine compatibility
3. I/o compatibility - limitations
4. internal memory structure limitation for counters, timers, bits and so on.

From your description there is a problem with I/o, memory addressing, an instruction.

regards,
james

Similar Topics

Hi; We have an Allen Bradley PLC-5 at one machine. We have access to its PLC program. I want to know is it possible to convert its PLC program in...
Replies
Views
Hello PLCs Forum, I am in a bit of a pickle and was hoping someone could offer me some help. I have a .rss file and just need to see the ladder...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , I need to convert a PLC 2/17 ( RS Logix 5 ) over to a CompactLogix 1769-L33ER . I took notice in the RS Logix 5 program that...
Replies
Views
Currently I have a panelview talking to a SLC processor but I am upgrading it to a compactlogix. Unfortunately there was never a tag database...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Please understand that I am not good at English. I have plan to project with one of our customer have the Ls XGB-XBC-DR60SU PLC. This PLC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom