S7-300 forcing

radfahrer

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to force an analog input in a S7-300 CPU. I've opened the Force table, told it to Force so the yellow force icon is showing in the status bar and the Force LED is on on the PLC, but it is not accepting the value. When I checked the S7 documentation, it shows the Force table with Bolded values as being the active ones. In mine they are not bolded, which according to the documentation means they are still being edited. I've saved the force table. How do I get those values to go bold and take effect in the PLC?

The address I'm trying to force is ID24, so it's not in a PIW or something like that, so it should work on a S7-300. I'm still pretty new to Siemens, so I'm hoping this is something simple...

Any assistance appreciated.

-G

Figured out how to get Bold but it is showing in HEX

I figured out how to get the value to go bold, I right click and Select "Display Force Values" but then it switches the Radix to HEX. If I change the radix back to Floating point, it switches out of BOLD. I'm trying to force a floating point value of 18.0 into the address. Is there a way to be able to enter that directly? I'm really hoping Siemens doesn't expect me to use an IEEE float converter to find the HEX value of a number every time I want to force a value.

-G

I have ever only forced BOOLs so I am guessing here.
Maybe there is a symbol for ID24 as DWORD, and the Status/Force dialog requires you to use that format. If so, try to change the symbol type to REAL.

Where does ID24 come from ?
Is it some kind of transfer from another CPU via I-Device or Profbus DP ?
I ask, becasue I dont know of any sensor that provides analog values scaled to floating point representation.

I/O is Profibus, but is not currently connected

JesperMP,

In the live system, this value does come from a Profibus transmitter. I'm working in a development environment which only has the CPU and does not have the rest of the network, so I figured I could force the value since there is no transmitter sending a value.

-G

I see, I havent ever tried a transmitter with integrated scaling functions.

Anyway, if the above doesnt fix the problem, what I do when I simulate is to bypass analog i/o altogether and just change the scaled engineering values in a VAT, or by code to mimic how the proces actually works.