SLC500 com with PCMK

lbarton

L
Is an adapter cable available to interface
an AB-PCMK (DH+) to a SLC500 RJ11 com port (fixed I/O controller)?

From everything I see at AB.COM the SLC500
fixed controllers only go DH-485 (1747-PIC).

The 1784-PCMK card actually supports several different protocols; DH+, DH-485, RIO, and PLC-2 "PCL".

It's best known and mostly used for DH+, as you observed.

You can get a cable that will allow the 1784-PCMK to connect directly to the RJ-45 style DH-485 network port on a fixed SLC-500. The part number is 1784-PCM4.

The PCMK Series A and Series B cards have different connectors, so make sure you know your Series letter and get the Series A or B cable to match.

Similar Topics

:( any help from you pros is welcome. im running windows 7. i downloaded an emulator and that works but i cant connect to plc via laptop. Im...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am trying to read in ascii data (from a welder) to a slc504 com port. I have looked at the ascii instruction set but I am not familiar...
Replies
Views
Can someone tell me if it is possible to convert a file that was developed using the SLC Logistics software by ICOM to an (*.RSS) file that can be...
Replies
Views
I have spent several hours trying to establish communication via RS232 with an AB SLC500 /w an L532 CPU that has its DH485 port tied up w/ a...
Replies
Views
I cannot add SLC500 analog input tag (I: 8.3) to EZSeries Touch Panel Editor (V 5.3). I used all the listed tag datatype but it all says "Invalid...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom