New Ethernet module in RsLogix 5000

tjntjntjn

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add PowerFlex 525 as a new Ethernet device/module in RSLogix 5000 but this drive is not available in the devices list/catalog. I tried to install EDS file for this drive and installation went OK but the drive still doesn't exist. I'm using RSLogix version 20.01 with Controller 1769-L16ER-BB1B.
I tried the same thing in Studio 5000 version 21.03 but when I right click to add new module I get error "Failed to create module. Class not registered"

What am I doing wrong?
Thank for your help

It's not the EDS file you need in RSLogix 5000.

You need to get the Add On Profile (AOP) for the PowerFlex 525 drives...

544985 - PowerFlex 525 drive: Add on Profile (AOP)
Access Level: Everyone

If you are getting a "Failed to create module. Class not registered" while trying to add the drive in Studio 5000 v21, under Windows 7 64-bit, then see here...

583565 - Studio 5000: Failed to create project Library not registered
Access Level: TechConnect

It's basically a reinstall situation. Corrupted module profiles are a known anomaly.

Regards,
George

It's not the EDS file you need in RSLogix 5000.

You need to get the Add On Profile (AOP) for the PowerFlex 525 drives...

544985 - PowerFlex 525 drive: Add on Profile (AOP)
Access Level: Everyone

If you are getting a "Failed to create module. Class not registered" while trying to add the drive in Studio 5000 v21, under Windows 7 64-bit, then see here...

583565 - Studio 5000: Failed to create project Library not registered
Access Level: TechConnect

It's basically a reinstall situation. Corrupted module profiles are a known anomaly.

Regards,
George

Working on it now. Thanks