MSG instruction in an AOI

yuenli

Is it possible to insert an MSG instruction into an AOI? It look like it would work but when inserted into an AOI it does not give me access to change the Instance, path and attribute numbers inside.

Yes I do this fairly often. The trick is you have to have a unique controller scoped message tag for each instance of the AOI. To configure the message instruction, access the configuration dialog OUTSIDE the AOI, not inside.
I'd post screenshots, but all my gear is in the office.

I can do that tomorrow. I have a good example of writing to the path, instance, and attribute dynamically as part of a sequence inside the AOI before sending the message.

I can do that tomorrow. I have a good example of writing to the path, instance, and attribute dynamically as part of a sequence inside the AOI before sending the message.

Hi guys. I see this is a very old post. Was this example ever posted?

I would really appreciate an example like this. To dynamically setup the MSG instruction inside the AOI.

It looks to be doable, but I cannot find a way to read the path from a hardware source and dynamically pass it in to the instruction in the AOI.

Any advice please?

Thanks!

Take a look at Rockwell networks device library in PCDC. Stratix and DLR faceplates use messaging in AOI. Also you can take a look at the Modbus TCP AOI recently posted to the Sample code library.

Basically, you can configure figure class, instance and attribute in your AOI code. But Service code must be done manually and can’t be changed.