CJ2 To 1769-L33ER over Ethernet

hackj0632

I have wanted to connect two machines we currently have on the production floor. I found a document a while back that showed steps to configure both the CJ2 and a Controllogix over Ethernet. When I get to the step of installing the eds file inside of Omron’s Network Configurator I do not have an option inside of the compactlogix tab that allows me to input the tags to link to the compactlogix. I only installed the eds file for the controller. (Uploaded from rslinx and installed into Omron network configurator). It looks like a much longer process for a controllogix with the backplane and Ethernet card and chassis eds files so it seems odd I'd be struggling to get this running.

I have attached a picture of the edit tab for the compactlogix tab.
If someone had some helpful hint it would be appreciated.

I have attached the document I was using along with a few screen shots of the issue.
the step in the guide i am stuck at is 1-3-10.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fm0v34ws873rym4/Omron_CJ2_Issues.zip?dl=0

Thank you

Update

Okay,

Officially you do not need the ends file in Omron Network Configurator. I was able to add the tag name To_AB and From_AB with a size of 40 bytes each.

Inside of Studio 5000 I added the Omron with a generic Ethernet module. Set the ip address and data type to none. Added an udt for input with just an array of int [20] for bot inputs and outputs. With the new tags I linked them to consumer and producer.

Partial success at this point. Finally the I/O light is illuminated!!.

I can receive data from the Omron CJ2M!!! But the path from AB to CJ2 is a no go.
Any help at this point would be great.

I tried creating a generic module with ip address and data type int with the instance's and file size of 20 (16 bit) storage locations. I couldn’t get that to work. Error code was something along the lines of incorrect file size on input data.

Any ideas at this point would be great.

not sure if i have to do something special inside of CX to read the array of ints