Level Transmitter

Curtis

I am trying to finish my tech. project for school and i was woundering how do you hook up and program a siemens plc to read different levels form a leve transmitter? What functions are needed to do this?

Lets see now...

Level transmitter to output 4 to 20mA depending on level
(ie: 4 to 20mA = 0 to 100% full)

PLC analog input to read in 4 to 20mA; also scale this to the same as the level transmitter.

Now a question for you; why would you use 4 to 20mA instead of 0 to 20mA?

regards,

Steve

Similar Topics

How fail safe mode in level transmitter works? customer requesting for fail safe mode when the transmitter got any issue or power loss on the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Just wondering what the best/most accepted way to measure tank level off pressure transmitter. Pressure transmitter is located in line...
Replies
Views
The original Rosemount pressure transmitter was configured to give them the 5 million gallon tanks level in inches. It died so they put in a...
Replies
Views
Is this reasonable to do? I am using a SLC 5/05 so there's no totalizing instruction, I think I have to make my own. Anybody done this, any...
Replies
Views
I know this may be a little off topic, but Im having a little issue with a Rosemont level transmitter. The only info I have on the device is when...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom