kill App utility

GHO III

Hello! I have just been thruogh an RSview class and my project was e-mailed to me and it should have had a helpful utility called Kill App with it. For some reason or another i cannot open it up. Does anyone know where i can go to download this utility?

thanks

I use Process Killer.

http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/processutil/process203.zip

It can kill multi applications at one time.

This came in handy one time when I was trying to kill a virus that would keep replicating itself.

There was two processes running. If you tried to kill one, the other one would duplicate itself because it was watching the other. So I used procee killer above to kill both processes at the same time.

It can also kill processes that CTRL-ALT-DEL can not stop. Those process that say "Can not stop process"...

Here is an explaination of the FREEWARE file:
http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/processutil/processutil.htm

Watch out for the stupid POP UPS...
Do say I didn't warn ya.

I have the utility from the RSView32 training class. I'm not sure if it can be publicly distrubuted so send me a Private Message (pm icon) with your email address and I will email it to you.

OG

Request for clarification

Are you guys referring to this bug that RSView seems to have, where you can only have one functional project?

We are working with RSView SE, and trying to develop distributed projects on a "remote" workstation. We can only create one project on the HMI server, or we lose the ability to access projects from remote stations. According to Rockwell, this has something to do with the remote client license being absorbed by the project once a client is created. No amount of rebooting, restarting, or swearing (even really dirty words) will fix the issue.

In order to "release" the license, we need to shut down services on the HMI server, and move the project files and .RNA (or is it RNAD? Whatever...) out of the Factory Talk directories. Then, we can start a new project.

If there is a utility to free up that license, that would be VERY cool!

AK