Modicon 984 Load program from PLC to Computer

swansoncr

I have a Modicon 984 and PLC Workshop for Modicon 32 Bit programming software from FasTrak Software Inc. Is there a way to load the program from the PLC to the computer? I can't find anything addressing this in the software help menu. Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you can upload from the PLC.

I don't remember where the upload was and I no longer have FasTrak PLC workshop loaded on my computer (I retired our last 984 about two years ago) so I can't tell you where to find it. However upload is there. Keep searching. In fact, since PLC Workshop for Modicon cannot read ProWorx files, an upload is the only way to get the program. After you have the program uploaded PLC Workshop can import ProWorx documentation however.

Modicon Upload

Aloha Mickey.... Thanks for the link to the manual. Yes... it is the software I have. I didn't see anything about uploading from the PLC but I'll connect today and try to find a way.

Modicon Upload

I just uploaded the file from the 984. You just connect to the PLC Online mode and save or save as. This will save the active program to where you designate on your computer. Thanks for all the help.