Modicon PLC(984-A145 CPU) program download

chanari

Hello

I am trying to download PLC program from Modicon PLC(984-A145 CPU). I am using Modicon workshop software.

I am wondering what kind of cable do I have to use to get the communication working? Because I tried using a seriel cable(9 pin both ends) and I could not able to establish communication.

Thanks in advance.

A145. Thats a throw back. IIRC its a serial connection.

Does your serial cable have a cross over? Pin 2 must cross over to pin 3 between each end.

Remember- serial is not all alike. Is your cable straight thru? Using Modbus protocol your pinout should be:

9-pin female(computer) 9-pin male (984)
2------------------------3
3------------------------2
4------------------------6
5------------------------5
6------------------------4
7-8 7-8

Have this verfied and if it still won't go- give a shout.

Mike

I checked the cable specs and it is not cross over. I will try the cross over cable and see how it works out.

Thanks