FTView ME Trends

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,
I have a FTV ME v7.0 application that has 20) 24 Hr trends and 20) 1 Hr trends. I have built a data log model with the tags that both types of trends use and have that data log model selected in the trend.

The 24hr trend seems to work properly but the 1 hour trend will only start recording data when you open it up but if you exit the trend the data appears to not save. If you go backwards on the trend it doesn't show any data.

I am not at the site so this data is coming from the operator. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this type of behaviour? I want to have a idea what to look for when I go out.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Also are all the tags within the same data log? I think they will have to be as you can only specify one data log in the startup settings of your project.

Yes all the tags are in the same model and I only have 1 model for the entire project. The 24hr trend and the 1hr trend use the same tags.

One thing I have been thinking about is the Maximum Data Points setting in the model. Is there a "normal" way to set that? Right now I have it set to the max of 1,000,000 points. I have 45 tags in the model. I am wondering if I have it set way too high. Any thoughts on that?

I installed a SD card in the Panelview so would it be better to store the Data Log on the SD card. Right now it is stored in the PV memory.

Thanks for the help!!

1,000,000 data points is just fine to store on the PanelView.
Storing anything on the SD card is slower (read/write access). Also, if you ever removed the SD card during runtime then the data log would be likely to stop and you would have to reboot the PanelView.

Did you select the data log model in the 1hr trend display?
What are the log settings in your data log model (on change, period, time settings, etc)?

Thanks for posting back Arlen,
I do have the data log model selected in the trend.
The log triggers are Periodic with a 1 minute interval.

Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure what is wrong there... just guessing now.

Are both the 24hr and 1hr trends on the same display?
If not, try opening the 1hr trend first and see if it works then.

Otherwise I would delete the 1hr trend object and create a new one.