FTView ME trends

A_G

Lifetime Supporting Member
Having an issue with FTView ME v10 project. Some of the historical trend screens are not retaining historical data. When you watch the trend screen for a few minutes, you can see data being trended but when you leave the screen and then come back to it, the trend does not retain any of the data from a few minutes ago.

I tried the suggestions in tech notes 753290, 115376, 25458 and nothing seemed to help.

Also I have multiple trend screens, some of them work fine and some have this issue. When I compare the Trend Object setup on each screen, it seems to be identical.

To make things even worse, it seems to be an intermittent issue. A couple months ago, I'm pretty sure all the trends were working fine. Now for the last couple weeks, some screens retain their historical data and some don't.

I called Rockwell tech support twice and the suggestions were basically to follow the instructions in the tech notes.

Has anyone had this issue before?

I'm starting to suspect that maybe there is just too much data for the Panelview to handle. There are 24 different trend screens. Each screen has 8 pens. Each screen is supposed to show the data for 2 hours.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

If you have that many trends you should be putting them on an external storage if not already. Anything over firmware version 7 is supposed to support 1,000,000 points.

CPU usage can be an issue as well, I have never witnessed it but your missing data may still be loading, give it 30 seconds or so and see if it appears.

Also you didn't mention what hardware you are using?

And in all reality if you are truly overrunning the HMI then your probably going to have to scale back or move to some sort of SCADA.

Last edited:
If you have that many trends you should be putting them on an external storage if not already. Anything over firmware version 7 is supposed to support 1,000,000 points.

CPU usage can be an issue as well, I have never witnessed it but your missing data may still be loading, give it 30 seconds or so and see if it appears.

Also you didn't mention what hardware you are using?

And in all reality if you are truly overrunning the HMI then your probably going to have to scale back or move to some sort of SCADA.

The datalog file is stored on a USB.

It is a Panelview Plus 7 Performance with firmware 10.

The datalog model is set for 1,000,000 points.

I will try to wait at least 30 sec and see if the data shows up. I think I was only waiting about 5 sec.

Update: power is off to the system so not sure when I will get a chance to look at it again