GuardMaster 440-CR30 with 120vac??

steveb55

Greetings fellow Control freaks...

Ok... I just spent a week in Mexico doing a safety upgrade (along with a grab bag of "since you're here" requests). I simply reprogrammed the aforementioned SR, wired in some safety mats and light curtains, configured an HMI, blah, blah, blah. A week after I return I get an email from the local Controls guy that says they think they found a problem with the SR. (Well, it was working for a week, what's the problem, I think.) He goes on to say it has 120VAC on Terminal A1. WHAT?? I don't even think it will power up with 120VAC on it.

Someone please confirm that it will:
A - Blow up, or
B - Not power up.

I need to be sure before I send this guy a kindly worded memo to "Please confirm your diagnosis". They seem to think it has 120v on it and that I must have done it. (That would be tough since it was working before and after I left.)

Thanks guys,
Steve

Greetings fellow Control freaks...

Ok... I just spent a week in Mexico doing a safety upgrade (along with a grab bag of "since you're here" requests). I simply reprogrammed the aforementioned SR, wired in some safety mats and light curtains, configured an HMI, blah, blah, blah. A week after I return I get an email from the local Controls guy that says they think they found a problem with the SR. (Well, it was working for a week, what's the problem, I think.) He goes on to say it has 120VAC on Terminal A1. WHAT?? I don't even think it will power up with 120VAC on it.

Someone please confirm that it will:
A - Blow up, or
B - Not power up.

I need to be sure before I send this guy a kindly worded memo to "Please confirm your diagnosis". They seem to think it has 120v on it and that I must have done it. (That would be tough since it was working before and after I left.)

Thanks guys,
Steve

That is a 24 VDC unit only. They do not make a 120 VAC model.

As to what would happen if 120 VAC were to be applied it's tough to say without me having a look at the internal circuit but I would expect it to not power up at all from what you can see but i would expect the internals to be damaged. It may survive it depending on how it's built but in such a small cheap unit I doubt there is any protection like that.

It's really a moot point if 120 VAC was applied to it then someone messed up in a big way. Since it's a safety device I would be replacing the unit no matter what.

Thanks... Exactly my thoughts, but I wanted to confirm that I was not, and could not, be the one that goofed.

It's really a moot point if 120 VAC was applied to it then someone messed up in a big way. Since it's a safety device I would be replacing the unit no matter what.
Completely agree with that and have already advised the same.

Thanks again,
Steve