RSLogix 5000 MSG Instruction

jrsnydley

I am trying to read/write some INTs between two controllers. They are both set up in an array. I have my MSG configured as a CIP Data Table Read. I know I have my path set up correctly but when I try to enter the tag from the remote element it says it is syntactically incorrect. The way I try to set up the MSG is Remote_Ints(0) with 16 as the number of elements writing to a destination of Ints(0). This does not work. However, if I remove the (0) from the Remote_Ints it accepts it. Why?

Similar Topics

I'm trying get information from another same PLC PLC1: CompactLogix 1769-L16ER-BB1B (192.168.0.133) PLC1: CompactLogix 1769-L16ER-BB1B...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, it is the first time that I need to exchange messages between 2 PLCs, a L16ER-BB1B and an L61. The first has 192.168.1.1 as its...
Replies
Views
Hello, I was curious if any one could shed some light on setting up a MSG statement between two PLC's on different networks. I'm trying to read...
Replies
Views
If you click help and then click Vendor Sample Projects while in RSLogix 5000, a PDF will pop up with some neat examples. One example shows how to...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I'm trying to set up a message instruction between two Compact Logix processors that are on the same ethernet network. All I'm...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom