Ac input which kind of input module

syed misbah

Dear all,
I hope you guys are doing good.
There is sensor which gives output as AC output which is from 0 volts till 45 volts.
Im using delta brand plc, but im not sure which module i should use for input to plc.

Thanks
Syed Misbah

Wow it been a long time since I have seen those
I don't know what input would work for you. You may have to convert it to 0-10 vdc
I believe there are converters that will do that.
I was just wandering what type of equipment this is on it sounds like it part of an old mag amp control

Thanks Gary for reply.
You can search in google for below sensor, for which im searching delta plc module.

Woodward
Mini gen
Part no. SA 2650-a

I have several of these mini gens, im not sure i will be able use several converters.
Apart from this, in my place , there are no such converters available.
Procuring them will take much time.

Thanks
Misbah

cheap solution,

maybe works maybe not,

use full wave bridge rectifier and it will convert to DC measure the maxima value and scale to maxima value to DELTA analog input module 0-10VDC,

Use AC to DC Converter (you can build it diodes + capacitor) then add voltage divider ( 2 resitors in serial one with fixed value and the other variable) adjust the pot so when your sensor has 45 V ac you get 10 V dc

I would stay away from building a converter yourself unless you have a lot of experience and time to test it.
I looked up the data sheet, not only do you have a variable voltage but also a frequency to deal with as well. To design and build a converter you need to also filter the rectified signal.

check out this link it may be a solution for you. it's worth contacting the manufacture and see what they say.
http://www.crmagnetics.com/ac-voltage-transducers/true-rms/single-phase/cr4510

if I had a choice I would change to an encoder with a high speed counter input

Firstly, thanks for the responses.
The sensor which i have mentioned above gives also frequency according to RPM .
Now, i like to know how can i use this input for the plc to use to control the speed.
Also, please let me know which module will support for frequency.

Thanks

Generator mag pick up? Buy a generator controller - better than farting about. You will at least need a high speed counter/input module. Mag pick ups generally produce about 5 volts

The sensor is giving output as frequency . The frequency is half the RPM of the shaft to which this sensor is connected.
That means , for 1000 RPM, i m getting the frequency around 500 hertz .
And the range of the RPM is 700 - 2300.
And i think DI modules from delta will support the input i guess.

45 volts is high - for a mag pick up generating a square wave 5 volts DC I normally amplify it to 24VDC and use a DC input module. The input needs to respond to the speed of the device correctly and the pulse needs to be at least twice as long as the scan time to make sure you do not lose pulses.

Thanks Gary for reply.
You can search in google for below sensor, for which im searching delta plc module.

Woodward
Mini gen
Part no. SA 2650-a

I have several of these mini gens, im not sure i will be able use several converters.
Apart from this, in my place , there are no such converters available.
Procuring them will take much time.

Thanks
Misbah

Looks to me like you need to procure them. You need a frequency to voltage or current signal converter to do this correctly. Using a high speed counter would probably be more expensive and time consuming than converting the frequency signal to a standard analog input signal.

Thanks all,

I was able to interface panel meter from autonics which was to display frequency. I was able to find frequency converter locally but it was double the price of panelmeter.

This panelmeter has analog output which im using for plc.

Details:
Make: autonics
Model: MT4W AV 40

Thanks