FT View Save Multiple Data Logs

fasacrifice

Hi All,

I'm using FT View Studio v8 with PanelView Plus 1500.

I need to save 2 separate data log files into USB but it allows me to choose only one to run at the start up.

I need one to save all the info periodically. and the other one for to be saved only when there is a change.

And also is the USB must be plugged in before powering up or is it OK to insert in while the HMI is ON?

Thanks

You need to use the active x data store plus. AB has an example of this in the sample code library.
KB 520349
If you don't have access I can post up the example tomorrow
The USB must be in before the log is started.
The log you are taking about cannot be saved to a USB and is limited to 100 tags.
If have also found that anything bigger than 2gb freezes the hmi at boot

Last edited:
I have encountered the same issues.
The fact is that FTView is rubbish for historical data.
You can only run 1 log, no way of running 2.
It is very limited in the amount of data it will store, and has no way of storing historical files. So when the data limit is reached, it will wipe the old data.

Best option is to use a separate data logger.

Last edited:
I have encountered the same issues.
The fact is that FTView is rubbish for historical data.
You can only run 1 log, no way of running 2.
It is very limited in the amount of data it will store, and has no way of storing historical files. So when the data limit is reached, it will wipe the old data.

Best option is to use a separate data logger.

You can store multiple logs using the active x data store plus