Rate of change - Analouge Value

reybar182

Hi all,

Working with a Micrologix 1400, and trying to create an alarm to detect if a pipe has burst downstream of a flow meter.

I was thinking of creating a FIFO sample of the flow over a period, then averaging those samples, and comparing it to the last average to see if a large increase in flow has occured.

Is there an easier way to detect a high rate of change for a given float within RSLogix500?

I have to check for multiple flow meters, so if I can avoid creating multiple sample arrays, I will.

Thanks

Surely if the "pipe" hasn't burst there will be a maximum flowrate....

Just set an alarm if that maximum is exceeded by more than 110% for a grace time.....

Similar Topics

I am working on a PLC program that requires an analog valve to close a given percentage in a given time in seconds. I give the start position, the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My question is about how to detect the rate of change in a register and know is it increasing or decreasing, for example I wanna know if...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm trying to take input from a group of load cells and compute throughput (i.e. tons/hour, kg/hour, etc.). Currently the load cells...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I'm working on a project that I may need to change the acceleration rate according to which recipe is being ran. I took notice...
Replies
Views
Does GE RX3i have a "Rate of Change" FBD or? I need to alarm on an analog signal that changes to fast or "Spikes".
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom