Plc in a stop mode

f.fabunmi

Dear experts,
please, my PLC enters into a stop mode. What are the possible things I can do to reset it. Or is there anything I need to check. Please, I will be waiting for your responses.
Best Regards,
Femi.

What PLC?
You say that "PLC enters into a stop mode", does it start to run and then stop?
Is there an error or fault light on your PLC and is it illuminated?

You're going to have to provide more information if you want a specific answer.

Dear MartB,
after the work of the day, I put off the panel and the following morning just to start my panel back I now discovered that the PLC is not responding. a yellow light came up showing that it is in stop mode. all my effort to bring it back was to no avail. normally, when it is running a green light will come up.

We will at least need to know your PLC and perhaps application.

Sure..

Siemens 200, 300, 1200, 1500, 400, LOGO or .... What exact model?

Any remote I/O or other bus controlled equipment?

You disconnected all power from the cabinet (including PLC) and it is not powering on at all?

That PLC may be configured to restart in the last configuration, in which case your stuffed unless you can find a copy of TIA portal to get online to the PLC.

You would need to go onto the online and diagnostics for the PLC and change the PLC to run.

There is not much you can do other than try and see if the web-server is active. If it is, you may have access to the online and diagnostics to see what is wrong with it.

after the work of the day, I put off the panel...
Unless your electric supply is severely limited this is not a good idea. The constant cycling of power, which causes temperature and humidity changes, is not good for the electronics.