Omron CQM1 plc with DA021 analog output

Sam Kennedy

I'm using an Omron CQM1 plc which is connected to an IPS01 power supply which is connected to a DA021 analog output module.

All I want to do is send a test value to the module then measure the voltage/current from the module.

From what I've gathered the module uses IR103 and IR104, I've tried setting these values with the monitor screen but there's no difference to the output.

The CQM1 doesn't have an IO table so I can't follow any of the other posts I've found about this module.

Any ideas on how to do this? It's just a simple test to ensure it's working properly.

I just managed to figure it out, if anyone comes across this again, you have to set IR100 (assuming it's the first output module) to a value between 0 and 07FF.

Hi Sam,
Had a similar experience before. The CQM1 inputs start at channel 0 and outputs start at channel 100. You have to look at the cards mounted to determine the appropriate channel.
The CQM1 has a Scale function, but it only works on Binary input and BCD output. So I had to do the following:
BIN(23) BCD to Binary - INPUT
SCL(66) - Scale the parameters
BIN(23) BCD to Binary - Output - Analog output card

Regards,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca