VBA help required (again)

JonAW

Hi Guys,

I'm having difficulty converting any numeric data from a recordset pulled from MS Access to display as a string in a text element in FTV SE. I can display it in a textbox which I can live with if really necessary but it would be 'nice' to be able to display my data through standard text. Below is an example of my code.

Using the first example it will display string fields from my recordset when called.

First I tried this:
MyBatchForm.Elements.Item("Text1").Caption = rs("BatchID")

Then I tried this:

Dim MyTest1 As Long
Dim MyTest2 As String

MyTest1 = rs("BatchID")
MyTest2 = CStr(MyTest1)
MyBatchForm.Elements.Item("Text1").Caption = MyTest2

It's just not working for me. Anyone got any ideas?

thanks

Jonny

Hi RdRast,

It's a double click on a list box calling to open another display (you helped me there as well) and populating data from the recordset, selected via the listbox, into the display. All items are exposed to VBA. The error is Error(91) object variable or with block not set.

The routine works fine if I reference any string based fields in the recordset to populate a text element but refuses to populate the same text element when I reference any numeric based fields. Even when using the convert function it refuses to work. If I change the text element to a textbox I can put any type of data into here using the same routine no issues.

Jonny