Prosoft MV156E with ControlLogix mapping

phuz

I haven't had any luck reaching Prosoft over the weekend and when I call the phone just rings and rings, so I'll ask here until I can reach someone at Prosoft. Their site says 24/7 technical support, so not sure what's up.

While I have some understanding of how to communicate with other clients using the Prosoft module through the use of configuration builder, I have had a request to have a vendor read and write data to/from our MV156E.

The AOP for the module consists of MNET.DATA.ReadData for an INT array of 600 and MNET.DATA.WriteData for an INT array of 600. My question is how do I map data into MODBUS addressing for reading/writing by another client, instead of being the one initiating the communication?

Thanks.

Not totally sure what you mean. All you do is read data from the ReadData registers and place data into the WriteData registers. As long as the set up is correct there is no actual initiation of comms on your part.

If the Prosoft variable 'ReadRegisterStart' = 0 then the vendor will write to Modbus address 40001 and you will read from MNET.DATA.ReadData[0]. If 'WriteRegisterStart' = 600 then they will read from 40601 which you write to by placing data in MNET.DATA.WriteData[0]. Adjust the values of those registers to suit, and the related count registers too if necessary, and you shouldn't need to do anything else.

Hopefully you'll get Prosoft on the case. I've found them slow to respond as well but very good when you finally get hold of them.

Not totally sure what you mean. All you do is read data from the ReadData registers and place data into the WriteData registers. As long as the set up is correct there is no actual initiation of comms on your part.

If the Prosoft variable 'ReadRegisterStart' = 0 then the vendor will write to Modbus address 40001 and you will read from MNET.DATA.ReadData[0]. If 'WriteRegisterStart' = 600 then they will read from 40601 which you write to by placing data in MNET.DATA.WriteData[0]. Adjust the values of those registers to suit, and the related count registers too if necessary, and you shouldn't need to do anything else.

Hopefully you'll get Prosoft on the case. I've found them slow to respond as well but very good when you finally get hold of them.

Seems easy enough.
What if I have binary data? For example, if I put something in MNET.DATA.WriteData[0].0. Would they read the entire register of 40601 and bit pick on their end?