Kinetix 5500 Load

Dave42

I am currently trying to monitor the load of a servo motor controlled by a Kinetix 5500 drive. I've poured through the user manuals without much hep besides seeing that I can watch the load live on the LCD screen. I am trying to bring this into Studio 5000 and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited:
Must be Kinetix, not stratix. Anyway I know for sure there is an AOI for that purpose. I do not have a kinetix drive but if you can get a lot of info from a powerflex 525 drive, from kinetix must be the same or better.

It is a Kinetix, late in the day already. But no it has no analog outputs, only digital ins and ethernet. I've attempted a generic CIP message with little results.

The part number is 2198-H025-ERS, and you can get some values from the drive structure. Go to the axis properties and under the "Drive Parameters" tab, you can select the relevant values you want to monitor. Note that some of these are displayed in % of rated. If you're doing some simple monitoring, I would then take the tags and trend them to see what's going on.

K5500_VPLB.jpg