How to repair PLC 1215 DC/DC/DC

arkngl2102

I have a S7-1200 PLC [1215 DC/DC/DC] but someone want to sell me, problem is PLC was connected with 127v once.. and now PLC no turn on.. its posible repair it ????

thanks in advance for answers...

If I was buying a PLC to tinker/practice with, I wouldn't care if it had been previously repaired and appeared to work OK.

If I was using it to run production on a machine, I'm not so sure I would trust it. It is entirely possible that you could get it to go into run, but maybe it calculates 1+1 as 3 now, instead of 2.

It's likely possible to repair, the question is, how much will it cost and will it end up costing you more than buying a functioning one? And that's something nobody can tell you without opening it up on the bench and having a detailed look at what's been damaged.

What is the normal designed input voltage for this unit? If it was designed for 24VDC, then, it could be a protection diode and/or an internal fuse failed in the power supply. Of course, it could have burned up a portion of the printed circuit board and just can't be easily repaired. As ASF has recommended, I would take it to someone that has basic electronic repair knowledge to look and evaluate/diagnose the power supply for the unit.

Hi thanks for all answer and comments.. now repaired:

v4v7r5.jpg

scuv61.jpg

2n07yhv.jpg

3523sid.jpg

problem was Diode.. but now works fine.. only i will use to test, not for operational machines..

i hope this help to others..