Allen Bradley PLC repair.

I don't know. I'm relatively new with Red Lion.

We've used them for years and my description has been their policy as long as I can remember. I think it is a fair policy because you know if it isn't reparable it won't cost anything to find out and if it is reparable, you know up front what it will be and can decide before even sending it in if it is worth that fee to have it repaired.

Here in the UK we have had good service from a particular Electronics repairs company for many years. We send them a faulty item and they then let us know if they can repair it and if so, how much it will be. They have always been pretty good with PLC processors and cards. Rockwell presumably thought that this was a good operation because they bought them a couple of years ago. Unusually they seem to have let them carry on without too much interference and there has been no loss of service as far as I can see.

I heard plctainer.net does great work also. They can fully system test all the repairs they do and have a very short turnaround time.

And Red Lion has $0 (zero) diagnosis fees for their HMIs. That's service!!!!

We had to pay a whole $140 to have them replace a back light power supply in a G310 we flooded with water...had it back on the shelf in under a week.

Not sure if that repair was done by our supplier (A-Tech out of Tulsa) or by Red Lion, but it was a pleasant surprise compared to the cost of repair from the big boys.

The last ENBT module that I had "repaired" came back with a rattle. Opening it up to see what was loose, I found that one of the near microscopic caps had been blown off of the board. I sent it back a second time, and haven't seen it since (about two years ago).

I fix my own stuff (TVs, radios, and stereos at home), but when it comes to a PLC, I would rather have new parts.