A "Fettal Error" appearing during opening of PLC program in RS Logix 5000

AB2005

Hi;

I have RS Logix 5000 with firmware 18.02 & 19.00 installed to open PLC programs of machines. I have a problem that now when I open any program, a fetal error appears and software closes. The screen shot of the error is attached. Kindly help why this error is appearing and how to resolve this issue because the programs had opened without any problem few months before.

Error.PNG

From tech sup site:

Question

I cannot run RSLogix 5000 version 19 and 20. Versions 16,17,18 work fine. I get the following :
Fatal Error!

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v19\Bin\RS5000.Exe
Elapsed execution time: 14 seconds

Version: V19.00.00 (Release)
Source File: unknown
Line Number: -1
Function/Method: unknown

OS Version: Windows XP 32-bit (Service Pack 3 - Build 2600)
Thread Id: 00001374 (4980)

Error 0xc0000005 (-1073741819)

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION - An "access violation" exception was generated.

No project file is currently open.
Environment

• RSLogix 5000 v16-v20
  • Windows XP 32-bit (Service Pack 3 - Build 2600)
  • Windows 7 PRO 32 bit
  • Adobe Reader 10
Answer

1. Uninstall Adobe Reader 10 from Add or Remove Programs
  2. Install Adobe Reader 9 from installation CD RSLogix 500 software \System\Adobe\AdbeRdr933_en_US.exe
On the customer PC has been installed Adobe Reader X (10.1.2) which has been corrupted.
NOTE: If Uninstall Adobe Reader 10 did not resolve the problem then suggest to delete .RNL files as described in AID461888 - FactoryTalk: How to delete the RNL file
Workaround

For customers without Internet access, there is a possibility to disable "Start Page Media"

1. Open an earlier version of RSLogix which is still working
  2. Go to: Tools->Options->Application
  3. Check box "Show Start Page On Startup"
  4. Version 20 should open now without any issue.

JaxGTO,

Good find, but a small piece of friendly advice...

I would not copy/paste entire Knowledgebase technote articles and post them here on the Forum. While some of those technotes are even free to view for registered users, it is still copyrighted material. While I've never known it to be specifically prohibited here, it is normally not the done thing. While there may never be repercussions here for you, there could possibly be for Phil Melore, the owner of this Forum. It's probably unlikely, but you'd never know, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Posting a link to the technote articles would be the more normal practice.

Again, this is just some friendly advice. You do what suits you best. ;)

Regards,
George

From tech sup site:

For customers without Internet access, there is a possibility to disable "Start Page Media"

1. Open an earlier version of RSLogix which is still working
  2. Go to: Tools->Options->Application
  3. Check box "Show Start Page On Startup"
  4. Version 20 should open now without any issue.

I have disabled the "Start Page Media" but same error appearing.