Data logging in RSLogix micro 1400

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Monday morning to everyone

I am using FTV, RS micro developer and MicroLogix 1400 A PLC's

I need help to understand the data logging that's built into the tree.

Where would be a good location to read up on how it works internally and how the customer can poll the system and retrieve the information.

I know next to nothing about data logging.

Thank you for your time and attention

B/r

Ok, another question, Please indulge

Were is the log kept in memory
How much memory is use per word stored.

For instance, if I store ten words per basket, for eleven tanks, that's 110 fords per basket, and I run 50 baskets per day, that's 5,500 words. How much memory do I need to cache 3 days.

Since Micrologix doesn't data log floating values, whats the best practice for changing Floating Values to words.

Thank you for your valuable time and attention to this matter.

BR