MODBUS to DCS Communication

CallumMacEwen

Hello there

This is my first time using modbus communication so I require some help.

The set up is I have a compact logix processor with a MVI69E prosoft adapter.
I am sending statuses to a DCS system.
The first address is 4001 right through to 40033.
Am I correct in assuming that I am the client and not the slave?
Do I need to set up a client command on prosoft configuration?

I will attach two photos. One of the MODBUS logix in my program and one of the prosoft client config.

Also on the client commands screen in the photo it says node I.P address. Would this be the DCS address I write in there?
Is it correct in assuming that I should select Write to multiple holding registers?

Appreciate any help.

Cheers

Callum

Untitled.jpg Untitled1.jpg

Callum..

Yes, for both questions.. The IP field in the client command setup would be the IP address to the DCS, and the command would be a 16 - write multiple holding registers.