Micrologix 1500 fault

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have a ML 1500 and it faults from time to time. The floor guys always clear it before I can get to it. Is there any way to see what caused the fault other than to connect to it before the fault is cleared?

I'm thinking there isn't but I wanted to check here just in case.

I could always set the status bit to not clear on power cycle to force them to call me, but I would rather not do that.

The MicroLogix 1500 does have an Error section in the processor status folder. The first step is to go online with the controller when it’s faulted and see what the fault it. Probably a math overflow issue. Once you know why it’s faulting you can then figure out how to deal with it.

Well the idea was to see if I could check the last fault without waiting for it to fault as it is an intermittent issue and it takes time for me to grab the laptop and get to that area of the plant. It is no big deal, I will also check the last error word in the status folder.