Elapsed time of a run condition

kandymann

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello

Using RSLogix5000 v.19

I have an application where I would like to keep track of the elapsed time of a motor's run time. I know there is probably an add-on somewhere that can help me but I am unable to find one.

How do you all keep track of time of a particular condition?

I need to keep track of how long a certain motor's output has been enabled in order to schedule maintenance. My head tells me I need a GSV along with a bunch of counters, timers and move instructions. I am just unsure how to put it all together.

Any advice would be very beneficial!
Thanks

Depends how accurate you want this to be...

Could create a periodic task w/ a cycle of say, 1000ms,
use a retentive timer that times when the motor is 'on', use a preset of say 1 minute, increment counter(use a dint) when the timer elapses, reset timer, and display the counter value/60 for hours.

Thank you for the reply. The customer wants to simply see hours and minutes.

Whenever they want, they would like to be able to clear the elapsed timer.

Thank you for your input!

Much appreciated!

Reset the counter using some input.

Display Hours and Minutes - Counter Value/60 = hours, (counter Value % 60) = minutes

% is modulus

I did this recently with a timer with a Pre of 1/10th of a hour or 6 min or 360,000 ms. Every time it was done I would add .1 to a Counter with a Real data type. That gave the customer hours and tenths of a hour run time for the pump.
I put a button on the HMI so the operator could reset the counter after maintenance.

I'd do it this way

PUMP%20TIMER_zpsas2jppkj.jpg

Thank you all very much for the replies. I'm gonna work on this in the morning. If I have questions along the way, I will ask.

Thanks again for the help!

Just an observation, you have included a reset for T4:0 but the timer is given as a TON.

Yes. Without the reset, when the timer finishes it will stay at the done value until the rung goes false. B3:10/0 stays high for as long as the pump is running so you need to reset the timer when it goes done.