Display Elapsed Time on Red Lion G315

I see you have this working now so I am a little late but... why are you using the S7 300/400 driver for an S7-1200?
I do believe there are some options to solving this issue now, I just need to do a little "try and decide". The S7 300/400 driver was the only one available for the S7-1200 at the time I created the system using Crimson 2 and when it was converted to Crimson 3. When I was just recently assigned to add some equipment to the system I was using Crimson 3 (Gold Build 624.005) and the S7 300/400 driver was still the only driver made available by Siemens. Now that I have updated to Crimson 3 (Gold Build 683.000) I see they have supplied a few new drivers including "S7 TCP/IP Master with TIA Tag Import - version 1.01". This by the way is an excellent example of why we should keep our software up to date! I assume this is why you are asking about the driver. Just by the name alone it sounds like I should try this driver as well. I am a firm believer of "If it works don't fix it!" but in this case it may work better and it is easy to revert. If you have any comments on this driver, pros or cons, that you would like to share I will certainly listen. I have also had a chance to look at the Crimson manual and I must say they have added some good information.(y)

Last edited:
Good News Everyone! (Like anyone is really interested) I solved this issue just by some unique formatting. Since I knew the timer was sending the data as 600000ms. I scaled it from 0 to 600000 and had it display as 0 to 10. This probably only works because 600000ms is 10 minutes. On the format tab I set it to 2 spaces before and after the decimal. Seems to work. Check out the images. Thank you to everyone who had some input. Oh I tried the Crimson timer but it did not work for me for some reason but it gave me some ideas.

10 minute Countdown_Format Tab.jpg 10 minute Countdown_Data Tab.jpg 10 minute Countdown Timer_P11 Display.jpg

I am glad you got it. I have not had a chance yet to open up crimson and try and write some code for it, that and I would have to simulate the inputs I do not have any Siemens software or hardware to work with.