InTouch Auto Hide Window when clicking off of it?

abishur

Does anyone know of a way to automatically hide a window (pop-up lets say) when you click off of it?

I couldn't find a way to make a true drop down list so I'm spoofing one by creating a static window to pop up when I click on a down arrow image. I would like it to automatically close the static window if the user clicks outside the drop down box.

I could use the $ObjHor and $ObjVer to automatically close the window whenever the mouse strays outside the window, but I would get annoyed by that after about the third time I accidentally moved the mouse outside the window before I had clicked on the screen name I wanted to navigate to.

If there was a key function for monitoring left mouse click then I could take the current $ObjHor and $ObjVer and write them to a memory integer then use those memory ints to close the window. But I can't find a way to run a script on mouse click.

Does anyone know a way to accomplish this?

I know this doesn't help much, but there definitely is. I used to do that years ago... Seems like it might have been a script or event that would fire if the screen was NOT clicked within a defined bounding box (my autohide window).