RSLogix 5000 rung error dialogue box snafu

Mike-89

Hello.

I'm sure this will be a simple fix but I'm struggling to figure it out. I have previously closed the dialogue box to my rung errors and now that I am looking to verify my routine I cant bring it back. I have pressed alt+1 and it yielded no results. Hopefully I have described my problem adequately and any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

p.s. Yes, I'm very new with rslogix 5000. I'm an electrician by trade but new to the world of programming.

see if the ideas in this post will help ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=665215&postcount=1

note that the window that you're looking for is technically just a "popup" - so it wouldn't be found under the "Window" menu listing - but rather under the "View" menu listing instead ... (which you probably already know - since you've mentioned the "Alt+1" shortcut key pattern) ...

if a shut-down and re-start doesn't get you working, then the next step is to shut-down - and then HOLD both the SHIFT and the CONTROL keys while you re-start the RSLogix software ... theoretically (yeah) this basic Windows trick will RESET all of your software features back to their default "fresh-out-of-the-box" conditions ... note that any "desired" options will also be blown away - but sometimes you've just got to do what you've got to do ...

hope this helps ... welcome to the forum ...

Last edited:
Thank you Ron. Control + Shift worked to restore the defaults and clicking verify brought up the errors window. Still not sure how I made it disappear in the first place but I have no intention of a repeat.

glad I was able to help ....

Still not sure how I made it disappear

stuff like that happens ... especially if you're using a laptop's "skid pad" instead of a real hand-held mouse ... it's way too easy to let your finger slip using what I often refer to as a "suicide pad" ...

good luck with your project ...