Protool

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all

Does anyone know where it is possibile to buy Siemens Protool software
I have some op screens and I have the files but not a version of Protool.
I had it on an old field pg laptop but that's another story

Donnchadh

Hi Jesper

Thanks for the reply
I am looking to download a project to an op 7
I have win cc but this is a spare
It's on a list to be upgraded but it will not happen till next year

Donnchadh

Since you are ready to actually pay for a copy of Protool, why not spend your money on a new small panel instead ? You probably need a panel that can do MPI or DP, so a KTP600 DP would be a candidate.

There is a KP400 comfort panel that is a drop in replacement for the OP7.

I recently replaced one and it worked out well. The program was simple enough I just created a new one.

Otherwise you will need an installation of Wincc Flexible 2008 SP2 to migrate the protocol project. From there you can migrate to TIA portal if required.

If you send the old protool app to your local Siemens support office they will convert to TIA for free.
I've done it more than once.